Acura RSX HID Kit, RSX Xenon HID Lights
Acura RSX HID Kit installations are probably the most common upgrades performed to increase the brightness of the stock headlight assemblies on your RSX. HID kits use High Intensity Discharge technology (hence the term H.I.D.) that utilize special bulbs filled with Xenon gas. These Xenon charged HID light bulbs are then electrified by a self-regulating ballast that provides a constant current, resulting in a super bright light from your existing RSX headlights. Please note that each RSX HID kit we offer is an HID CONVERSION kit, and will not work if your RSX headlights came equipped with factory HID lights.
Our line of Acura RSX HID Kit carry thru 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 or 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 models.
02-06 RSX HID Kit
You can choose your RSX HID kit from one of our several color and wattage options. In addition to high wattage 50W kits for super high intensity light, we also offer the more common 35W Low Wattage HID Kit, which are recommended for their longer life and trouble free usage. We also offer the following color options for your RSX HID kit: 3000K for YELLOW HID color, 6000K for WHITE HID color, and 8000K for BLUE HID color ( K stands for Kelvins, the industry standard color measurement for HID light color output). Also, we have easy-to-install slim HID ballasts available for select Low Wattage 3000K and 6000K Acura RSX HID Kits.
RSX HID Kit Contents:
- 2 HID Conversion Light bulbs
- 2 HID Ballasts
- 2 HID Ballast Universal Mounting Brackets
- Assorted Zip ties and various installation screws
- Headlight installation Instructions (same general concept can be used for HID foglights)
Acura RSX HID Kit Frequently Asked Questions:
What color HID Kit should I get for my RSX?For headlights and foglights, a 6000K super white HID kit (low watt) is by far the most popular choice among RSX owners. 8000K Blue HID kits come in second place for HID headlights. Even though they are called “blue” 8000K HID lights actually are still white, with a bit of a blue tint to them. 3000K Yellow is the most effective choice for HID foglights since yellow is scientifically proven to provide better visibility in rain, fog, or snow. 3000K Yellow (aka JDM Yellow) HID headlights are not legal for street use in certain communities.
I see separate listings for the high beam and low beam HID lights, but my RSX headlights uses one bulb for both (9004, 9007, H4, etc.) . Which HID Conversion kit do I pick?Unless otherwise listed, every set of HID lights we offer is single filament, meaning if your RSX has one single bulb for the high and low beams, you can only change one function to HID. The other function would be eliminated, thus, we only recommend connecting the HID kit to your low beams in those situations.
I want/own aftermarket projector lights. Can I use RSX HID headlight conversion kits with them?HID lights actually work best with a projector lens to help disperse the light. HOWEVER, please be advised that aftermarket headlight and some foglight PROJECTOR LIGHTS USE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BULBS (usually H1, H3, etc). You would have to buy the HID kit made for your Projector Headlight bulbs since the RSX HID kits we list are for your RSX’s STOCK headlights. We recommend customers to get their projector headlights first to find out exactly which type of HID conversion kit they need. Warning: YOU MUST USE LOW WATTAGE HID KITS WHEN INSTALLING INTO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS. Projector headlights usually have a cramped space for the bulb, and a high wattage HID Lights put out too much heat for the projector lens to handle. This is also true for most RSX Projector Foglights.
Is this HID Conversion kit legal for street use on my RSX’s headlight or foglight assemblies?Laws vary by jurisdiction, but so long as you have pointed the headlamps on your RSX pointed downward so your new HID Lights aren’t blinding other drivers (or police officers!) you will probably avoid trouble. Some areas such as certain Canada communities require that the High Beams on your RSX match the Low Beams, so if your low beam is HID, then your High Beam must be HID as well. Please do not install a single filament H.I.D. headlight kit if your community has such a law and your stock bulbs use one dual filament for both high and low beam functions.
How do I aim my RSX Headlamps to keep my HID lights from blinding other drivers?Usually there are little gears with screws on the inside of your RSX’s headlamps. You can usually turn these by hand or with a screwdriver. Park facing a wall and adjust until the light is set to an appropriate level usually LOWER than your headlights (to ensure a downward angle)
I have the premium package/higher model for my RSX and my vehicle came with stock OEM HID Xenon lights already. Can I use your RSX HID Conversion kit to replace my factory HID kit?Sorry, but no. If your RSX came pre-equipped with an H.I.D. kit, you will need to buy a different type of HID bulb (D2C, D2S, etc) and ballast, usually referred to as a “Stock Replacement HID Bulb / Ballast.” Our kits are CONVERSION kits and are made to work with stock halogen bulb harnesses only. Though rare, if your RSX came with stock HID foglights, then the HID foglight kits we offer would also not work.
I don’t want junk parts on my RSX, what is the warranty on this HID conversion kit?Every RSX HID Headlight kit and RSX HID Foglight kit we sell is valid for warranty replacement for 1 year from the original date of purchase so long as they are properly installed on your RSX, unmodified, and used for normal daily driving.
Acura RSX H.I.D. Light Installation for High watt, Low watt, Standard and Slim Ballast HID Kits (single filament lights only):
- Disconnect your RSX’s negative battery terminal
- Disconnect and remove your stock headlight bulbs from the harness
- Install the new HID light bulbs into your RSX’s headlights. Be sure to use clean rubber gloves or avoid touching the glass on the HID light bulbs. Dirt or oil left on the glass of the bulb could cause the xenon gas to overheat and blow up the bulb. Lock the HID light bulbs into place.
- Connect the stock wiring harness from your RSX to the corresponding plug (or plugs, depending on your bulb type) on the HID Light Bulbs.
- Connect the remaining 3 plugs to the corresponding plugs on the HID Ballast.
- Find a place to mount the ballast where it will be stable, away from heat, and not touch any moving parts in your RSX’s engine bay.
- Use the included installation brackets, zip ties, or double sided tape to mount the ballast in place.
- Reconnect your RSX’s negative battery terminal.
- For HID lights installed into your headlights, aim your headlights down so that the RSX HID kit will not blind others drivers in front of you. Please see your RSX owner’s manual for head lamp aiming instructions. Aiming may also be necessary for HID Fog Lights.
- ENJOY A SAFER DRIVE WITH YOUR NEW SUPER BRIGHT HID LIGHTS!