Mercedes E350 Fog Lights at TunersDepot.com
Mercedes E350 Fog light Buyers Guide:
Deciding between OEM, Halo Projector, Clear, Yellow, and Smoke E350 Foglights
Mercedes E350 foglights are one of the first things people buy after coming home from the dealer with their brand new E350. Foglights are SERIOUSLY overpriced when purchased as an OEM factory option, thus many smart buyers visit our website to buy and install their own E350 Fog Light Kits at a fraction of the cost. Also, here at Tunersdepot.com, we try to offer a wide selection of the newest and best styles of fog light kits for your E350.
Our line of Mercedes E350 fog light carry thru 2007, 2008, 2009 or 07, 08, 09 models.
07-09 Mercedes E350 Fog Lights
Mercedes E350 OEM Style Foglight Kit Overview
The OEM fog light kit is designed to be a replica of the factory E350 fog lights. The lens and basic shape is the same. The only difference might be in lens color, which outside of the standard clear, may be offered in yellow or smoke (more on that later). If you have a set of stock E350 fog lights that are old or damaged, then a E350 OEM Fog Light kit is probably a good idea since they look roughly the same and install the exact same way as the originals.
Choosing the right color foglights for your Mercedes E350
Once you have decided what style you want, the next choice is color. There are usually 3 choices available for E350 Fog Lights for both the OEM and Halo Projector styles: Clear, Smoke, and Yellow.
Clear Mercedes E350 Fog Lights: The standard choice
Clear is the color of lens that the dealer fog lights came in and for good reason. Clear E350 Fog Lights put out the most light of all the colors since colored fog lights have to add some material to the lens, blocking overall light. Also, Clear Foglights, both halo and OEM style kits, look great no matter what color your E350 is. Also, if you are planning to add colored bulbs of HID kits to your E350 fog lights, clear is the way to go if you want to maximize the effect of the new color.
The only downside to clear E350 Foglights is that their “clearness” can be a liability if your foglights start getting old and worn looking after a few years.
Smoke Mercedes E350 Fog Lights: A different take on a classic option
Unless you are going for that Japanese JDM look, Smoke Foglights are probably the nicest option available for your E350. At the expense of a marginal loss of brightness, you get a slick looking light that looks perfect on white and most dark colored E350. They are a perfect complement to tinted windows, especially on black E350 going for the full tinted Knight Rider-ish look.
Being the darkest foglight, they hide wear and tear the best, but that also makes them a less than desirable option if you are planning to add colored bulbs or HID kits to your E350.
Yellow Mercedes E350 Fog Lights: Aggressive and functional
Yellow is the preferred color for drivers going after the Japanese “JDM” look. They look exceptionally nice on high contrast color E350 like black, white, or blue. Yellow E350 fog light kits might not be the best look for E350 with yellowish colors though (yellow, orange, some reds, etc.).
Another thing to consider with yellow E350 fog lights (both OEM style and Halo Projector versions) is that they actually do the best job in foggy or inclement weather. Due to the wavelength of the light spectrum of yellow light, they produce the least glare against fog, rain, puddles, etc. making them the SAFEST color of foglight to get…assuming you are really buying fog lights because you are planning on driving your E350 in the fog.
Winjet OEM And Halo Projector Fog Light Kits
Winjet is about as close as E350 Foglights get to having a “name brand.” The quality is a bit better, and they usually install easier as well. Also, unlike X3 E350 Fog Light Kits, every Winjet E350 Fog Light Kit comes with wiring harness and fog light switch (universal style in some cases), even for models where the vehicle should already have them pre-installed. This makes Winjet a perfect choice for people looking to make a clean installation on their vehicle that have harnesses that might be missing or damaged.
Mercedes E350 Foglight Technical Information
Mercedes E350 Fog Light Kit Contents (OEM and Halo Projector style):
2 E350 Foglight housings ( 1 full pair)
2 Fog light bulbs (most applications)
1 Wiring Harness Kit (All Winjet, some X3)
1 Fog light switch (All Winjet (may not be OEM style), and some X3)
- Many vehicles (especially trucks and SUV’s) come with fog light harnesses pre-installed. Check around the area where the foglights are supposed to be installed and you may find stock harnesses taped inside around (usually above) the installation area. Please check for this before running a new wire harness.
- As with all light bulbs, never touch the glass of the light bulbs with your bare hands. The oil from your hands can stick to the bulb and make it explode. Either do not touch the glass of the bulb, or use clean rubber gloves while installing.
- You may get a check engine light on your E350 if you install foglights without resetting the computer. To prevent this (and for safety) you should disconnect the battery before installing fog lights onto your E350, and reconnect the battery only after installation is complete
- If you are picky about how your dashboard looks, you may want to go to the dealer (or a junkyard that has a E350 with fog lights) and purchase a stock fog light harness and switch. These can be easily used with X3 or Winjet fog lights.
- If you plan on using an HID kit with your halo projector foglights, please use a low watt kit (usually 35w) as high watt kits (usually 55w plus) run hot and could damage the projector lenses on your E350 fog lights